DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE PROGRAM
The City of Appleton/Valley Transit has proposed its 2019 - 2021 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program goal in accordance with US DOT 49 CFR Part 26 to be 1% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Participation including women owned firms. The goal is projected to be met 100% through race-neutral participation.
Comments can be emailed to: Debra.Ebben@Appleton.org
Or Mailed to: Valley Transit
Attn: Debra Ebben, 801 S. Whitman Ave., Appleton, WI 54914
OBJECTIVES & POLICY STATEMENT
Valley Transit has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26.
Valley Transit has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, Valley Transit has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of Valley Transit to ensure that DBEs, as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts.
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Valley Transit in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
Valley Transit has disseminated this policy statement to the Mayor and Appleton Common Council and all the components of our organization. A copy of this statement has been mailed to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts.
Interested in learning more about how to become certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise? Please visit the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at: https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/doing-bus/civil-rights/dbe/default.aspx