Contact the Appleton Police Department (911 for emergencies) immediately if:
Retail Theft is occurring right now or has just occurred, or;
The suspect is in custody, or;
The suspect physically resisted or was armed with a weapon, or;
Any employee or bystander was injured, or;
Retail Theft is discovered at a later date (video review) AND the amount is over $1000.00.
- The suspect is NOT in custody, or;
- If there is any reporting delay as a result of store policy or procedures, or;
- Retail Theft is discovered at a later date (video review) AND the amount is under $1000.00.
The Retail Theft Packet must contain ALL of the information below:
- Full and complete report (on your form or ours) with a full description of the incident, signed by the reporting party.
- Name, date of birth, address, phone number and position of the reporting party.
- List of all witnesses including:
- Name, Date of birth, Address, Phone number
- Description of their observations
- Full list of property stolen or damaged (on your form or ours) including full description of the item, price and the stock number, SKU or UPC. In cases where a serial number is available, include the serial number.
- Complete description of the suspect(s) and vehicle(s) including names (if available) and license plate (if available).
- Copies of any relevant surveillance video including:
- Still images of any suspect or vehicle
- Description (in the incident report) of the activity observed on the video and the specific location of the activity (time stamp) on the video
- A description and full information regarding any related incidents at this store or other stores.
When the report is fully completed, please contact the Appleton Police Department at (920) 832-5500 and request an officer to your location. An officer will review the completed report and pursue the appropriate course of action.
Retail Theft Reporting Documents