City Ordinance 13-7
Sec. 13-7 Possession of alcoholic beverages.
(a) No alcoholic beverages other than fermented malt beverages and wine are allowed in any park.
(b) No person shall drink from or possess an open container of permitted alcoholic beverage in any park before 10:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m.
(1) Time limitations in this section shall be extended in the posted areas of Appleton Memorial Park while organized league or tournament play in progress.
(2) Time limitations in this section shall be extended to 9:00 a.m. at Reid Golf Course
(c) No person shall drink from or possess an open container of permitted alcoholic beverage in any park other than Reid Golf Course without having a permit issued by the Appleton Police Department unless otherwise allowable by City Code or Policy.
(1) Permits shall be issued by the Appleton Police Department 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
(2) Permits shall be valid for up to one year, with all permits expiring on March 1st annually.
(3) A person may use their permit for a group so long as the permit holder remains at the park with the permit the entire time there is any drinking from or possession of open containers of permitted alcoholic beverages.
(4) Permits shall only be issued to adults, 21 years or older, and a Terms and Conditions Agreement must be agreed to and signed by the applicant when the application is submitted.
(5) A permit application may be denied if the applicant has a verifiable history of code violations or criminal conduct relating to disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property, or any other violation directly related to misuse of city parks or property. A decision to deny a permit may be appealed to the appropriate committee of jurisdiction.
(d) No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be carried into any area of Reid Golf Course at any time unless the alcoholic beverage was purchased at or provided by or on behalf of Reid Golf Course.
(e) A person violating this Section and/or permit holder who violates the Terms and Responsibility Agreement of the permit application may be subject to a forfeiture pursuant to Sec. 1-16 and future permit requests may be denied.