- National Fire Protection Association - The mission of the international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896, is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
The world's leading advocate of fire prevention and an authoritative source on public safety, NFPA develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
- United States Fire Administration - From fire safety, to information about carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, this site offers tons of information.
- United States Fire Administration for Kids - On this Web site, you will find short lessons about fire escape planning, smoke alarms and general home fire safety.
- National Safety Council - The National Safety Council eliminates preventable deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy.
- Safe Kids USA - Safe Kids USA is a nationwide network of organizations working to prevent unintentional childhood injury, the leading cause of death and disability for children ages 1 to 14
We educate families, provide safety devices to families in need and advocate for better laws to help keep children safe, healthy and out of the emergency room.
Consumer Product Safety Commission - Learn about sources of fire, early warning and escape from deadly fire. Review product recalls.
- Fox Valley Memories Photo Bank - Fox Valley Memories Photo Bank--History of Appleton Fire Department.
- Natural Disaster Risks - Some natural disasters can be predicted, giving schools enough warning to evacuate or take other safety precautions, but others can happen unexpectedly or go through rapid changes that suddenly put a school in danger. The first step schools should take in preparing for these types of emergencies is to assess the natural disaster risks in their areas.