Individuals can drop off unused and expired medications, over-the-counter medications, pet medications and inhalers at the drop box located inside the Appleton Police Department’s lobby.
Why is the drop box provided?
Pharmaceutical waste constitutes a significant environmental risk, especially to our drinking water. Studies conducted throughout the country have uncovered many of these drugs in our drinking water, and the negative effects of these substances on the general population are only now beginning to be studied and understood. Pharmaceutical drugs, when abused or taken incorrectly, pose a substantial health risk.
- Please empty all pills into sandwich-sized sealable bags.
- Keep all liquids, creams and powders in original containers.
- No sharps, such as needles and syringes.
- No hazardous or biological waste.
- No mercury products.
- No electronic glucose monitoring devices.
For more information please visit: