The Parks, Recreation & Facilities Management Department is implementing many initiatives to conserve energy and to lower overall utility costs by:
- Upgrading and utilizing Direct Digital Controls on HVAC equipment to manage systems and utilities usage.
- Replacing lighting fixtures and lamps with more efficient and cost effective unit.
- Implementing water-saving devices on plumbing fixtures.
- When feasible, purchasing transportation gas to lower natural gas expenses.
- During construction/renovations using energy efficient materials and systems to lower long-term operating expenses.
- Performing studies to best use existing resources to offset rising energy costs.
- Maintaining HVAC equipment to ensure systems are operating efficiently.