Annual sidewalk poetry stamping program now accepting submissions
See your work stamped in concrete around the community
It's not a star on the Hollywood Walk-of-Fame, but it's close!
The time is now to consider writing/submitting your own original work of poetry for our sidewalk poetry stamping program.
The submission period for our fifth annual edition of the program is open now through February 22nd.
Our City of Appleton Public Works department's program for stamping poems into sidewalk squares throughout the city, has created everyday moments of open-air reading for our residents!
Sidewalk poetry is stamped in sidewalks on city-owned property (adjacent to parks, city-owned buildings, etc.) and public sidewalks in neighborhoods throughout the City. A map of all current poem locations can be found on our website:
We will select up to five poems to install as part of the annual program. Poems must be submitted by February 22, 2019 to email@example.com. Selected poems will be announced on March 22, 2019.
• All residents of Appleton and students of the Appleton Area School District are eligible to submit their original poetry.
• Poems can be previously published or unpublished, as long as it is original work by the entrant.
• Applicants may submit one poem per year.
• Subject matter must be appropriate for the general public.
• Poems must fit within a maximum of 10 lines (including title), 35 characters per line including spaces, and 225 characters overall including spaces.
• All poems are reviewed for appropriateness for this program.
Appleton Communications Coordinator Chad Doran can be reached at (920) 832-5814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.