Wisconsin's New Carbon Monoxide law takes effect 02/01/2011

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Appleton Fire Department along with the Wisconsin State Fire Chief's Association is reminding residents that a new carbon monoxide detector law will go into effect on February 1, 2011.

The law requires that homes with any fuel burning appliance, which includes: stoves, ovens, grills, clothes dryers, furnaces, boilers, water heaters, and fireplaces OR an attached garage are required to install a CO alarm on every floor level, near sleeping areas. Carbon Monoxide detectors in new construction must be hard-wired with a battery back-up systems. Below are a few links to help you better understand the new law. As always if you need addition information you may call the fire department at 832-5810.



WAOW News Nine Broadcast

http://www.waow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13941745

Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/114912554.html