Real estate taxes can be paid in the following ways:
- In person at the City Hall customer service desk at 100 N. Appleton St. (available Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, except holidays)
- In person at the City Hall drive-up window at 100 N. Appleton St. (available Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, except holidays)
- Drop-off in the City Hall night deposit box at 100 N. Appleton St. (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Drop-off in the City Hall lobby drop box at 100 N. Appleton St. (available during City Center hours)
- U.S. Mail sent to P.O. Box 2519, Appleton, WI, 54912-2519
- Online at this site (by credit card) you will need to enter your parcel number (do not enter the first three numbers or dashes). - Please Note: Point-n-Pay charges a convenience fee on all credit card payments. The charge will be presented for your review before you submit your payment. The City of Appleton does not receive any portion of the fee.
- For customer support, call 888-891-6064, option 1 Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST.
2016 Real Estate Taxes
2016 tax bills were mailed December 8, 2016. For additional tax information, please stop into the Finance Department or call us at (920) 832-6442. The "My Neighborhood" program also contains tax information.
2015 and prior Real Estate Taxes
Outstanding balances on 2015 and all prior years' tax bills are considered delinquent and must be paid to the County Treasurer of Outagamie, Winnebago, or Calumet, depending on where in Appleton the property is located.
If you are paying in person with an escrow check and your refund is $500 or less, you may receive your refund in cash. If your refund is greater than $500 or you are paying via US Mail or one of our drop boxes, any refunds due will be mailed within 2 weeks.
Tax bills may be paid in four installments, as detailed on the property tax bill. Due dates for 2017 are: January 31; March 31; May 31; and July 31. There is no interest charge for payments made on time. A late payment on any installment, however, will result in cancellation of the installment option and a monthly charge for interest calculated from February 1, 2017 on the unpaid balance, as required by State law.
Other Notes Regarding Tax Collection
To avoid long lines at City Hall, please mail your payment or use one of the drop boxes listed above. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you require a receipt. Complete all parts of your check and sign it. Make your check payable to "City of Appleton." Endorse all escrow checks; all parties named on the check must endorse it.