- Absentee Ballot Request - Download
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. To obtain an absentee ballot you may
1. Personally come to the City Clerk's office to cast an absentee ballot, or
2. You can make a request in writing and we will mail you an absentee ballot. The written request must include your voting address within the City of Appleton, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature. You can also print our Absentee Ballot Request form. If you use this form, remember TO SIGN AND DATE THE FORM BEFORE SUBMITTING IT.
- Absentee Ballot Request - Indefinitely Confined - Download
If you are indefinitely confined because of age, illness, infirmity or disability, you can receive an absentee ballot on a permanent basis by printing out and mailing in this form.
The City is divided into Aldermanic Districts and Wards, which determine your voting location. Your voting location can be found by using the polling locations search: Where Do I Vote In Appleton? Enter your address and click "search" to learn your district number, polling location and view of map showing the location.
The deadline for making application to vote absentee by mail is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the election. The deadline for voting an absentee ballot in the municipal clerk's office is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the election.
All voted ballots must be returned to the Clerk's office so they can be delivered to the proper polling location before the polls close on Election Day. Any ballot received after the polls close will not be counted.
- Acceptable Proof of Residence - Download
- Election Dates -Download
Listing of upcoming elections in the City of Appleton
- Election Worker Interest - Download
How do I become an election worker? Complete the Election Worker Interest Form and return it to the City Clerk.
- Nomination Papers - Download
Nomination Papers must be completed and filed with the City Clerk in order to have your name placed on the ballot.
- Polling Place Locations - Download
To determine your City of Appleton polling place, go to vMy Neighborhood and follow the instructions.
- Voter Registration - Download
Anyone wishing to vote in the City of Appleton has three options to register:
- IN PERSON
- BY MAIL
- AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY
2. BY MAIL: Complete the Voter Registration Application. Print the form, BE SURE TO SIGN AND DATE THE FORM, and mail to the Appleton City Clerk's Office along with a copy of acceptable proof of residence. You may register by mail until 5:00 p.m. on the 3rd Wednesday preceding the election.
3. AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring acceptable proof that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election. This is ONE piece containing both the current name and address.
Important: The copy of the proof of residence must be included when submitting the voter registration application by mail.
What if I have changed my name or my address since I voted last?
To change your name and or address you will need to complete a new Voter Registration Application. Attach one form of acceptable proof of residence and mail to the Office of the City Clerk. You are also welcome to personally visit the City Clerk's office to make the necessary changes to your voter registration record. Feel free to call 832-6443 if you have any questions.