Applications Accepted for Business Enhancement Grants in TIFs #11 & #12
The City of Appleton is now accepting applications for Business Enhancement Grants for properties located in the newly created Tax Increment Financing Districts (TIF) #11 and #12 in specified areas of Downtown Appleton. Click on the following maps to determine your eligibility: TIF #11 Boundary Map and TIF #12 Boundary Map
Business Enhancement Grants are available for up to $7,000 maximum grant per project with a fifty-percent (50%) match required by the applicant. Applicants may use ADI Façade Grant funds for twenty-five percent (25%) of the applicant match amount.
In order to be eligible, the property must currently be used for commercial uses, or intended for commercial use upon completion of the project.
Eligible projects improvements are for the exterior of the building and priority will be given to front facades. Typical eligible project costs include, but are not limited to, labor, materials and design assistance for:
- Installation, restoration, repair or replacement of windows, doors, exterior walls, chimneys, or other architectural elements.
- Exterior painting, only in conjunction with other physical improvements.
- Removing false facades and other inappropriate additions.
- Exterior work necessary for conversion to retail, office or other general commercial uses.
- Masonry repair or cleaning, only in conjunction with other physical improvements.
- Landscaping and fencing.
- Parking lot improvements.
- Exterior improvements for the handicapped including, but not limited to, ramps, doors, door openers, walks, guardrails, no-slip materials or level platforms at doors.
- Roof work.
The costs associated with any new signage, awning, marquees and related lighting and electrical fixtures are not eligible for the 50% grant reimbursement by the City but can be included in the applicant's 50% matching funds for the total project.
For more information, please review the Business Enhancement Grant Program Guidelines by clicking on the following: Business Enhancement Grant Program Guidelines TIF #11 and Business Enhancement Grant Program Guidelines TIF #12, and contact the City of Appleton Community & Economic Development Department at 920-832-6468.
Please click here for the Application. Send your completed application and attachments to the staff contact noted in the application packet. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.