Great works of poetry now being accepted for our annual sidewalk poetry program
Five poems to be selected for stamping in sidewalks throughout the city in 2018
The City of Appleton’s Department of Public Works is entering its fifth year of its program to transform the city’s sidewalks into an open poetry book. By using our current sidewalk maintenance program and stamping poems into sidewalk squares throughout the city, we can create everyday moments of open-air reading for our residents!
Sidewalk poetry is stamped in sidewalks on city-owned property (adjacent to parks, city-owned buildings, etc.) and public sidewalks in neighborhoods throughout the City.
The City is once again soliciting original poetry from Appleton residents and will select up to five poems to install as part of the annual Sidewalk Poetry Program. Poems must be submitted by February 23, 2018 to email@example.com. Selected poems will be announced on March 21, 2018.
- All residents of Appleton and students of the Appleton Area School District are eligible to submit their own original poetry.
- Poems can be previously published or unpublished, as long as it is original work by the entrant.
- Applicants may submit one poem per year.
- Subject matter must be appropriate for the general public.
- Poems must fit within a maximum of 10 lines (including title), 35 characters per line including spaces, and 225 characters overall including spaces.
- All poems are reviewed for appropriateness for this program.
Appleton Communications Coordinator Chad Doran can be reached at (920) 832-5814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube